discernment [noun] = the ability to judge well.
Deciding, working out, discerning, what is right or wrong, wise or unwise, good or bad is something we all have to do on a regular basis:
- We need to do it at church meetings and Christian conferences: was that speaker right or wrong in what they said about the Bible?
- We have to do it in conversation with friends: is that decision they are making wise or unwise?
- We need to do it when reading a book or blog post: is this new idea a good one or a bad one?
We all need discernment on a regular basis – a lack of it can be disastrous for both us and those we love. But how can we get it?
One way of beginning to discern better is by coming on Emmanuel’s 3-week Discernment Course this Lent:
- Thursday 15th February – How to discern a Good Sermon
- Thursday 22nd February – How to Discern a Good Decision.
- Thursday 1st March – How to Discern a Good Idea
We’ll be meeting at the Emmanuel Meeting House (7.45pm for 8-9.30pm).
If you’d like to join us please sign up here.
We’d love to see you there.