Yes, it will be a little odd to queue to get in, to sanitize hands and to sit at distance and in masks. But it will be worth it. When we gather it is a powerful and public sign of what God is doing – of how through Christ He is bringing all kinds of people together and making us one family. In the past few months it has been a joy to catch up with brothers and sisters, to hear God’s Word and pray out loud together. And even if we can’t sing out loud, we’re learning how to sing in our hearts and hum and bounce and clap along to the beat.
People from one household can all sit together and children are, of course, welcome (but need to be accompanied and supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.)
It may be that you’d love to come along, but for all kinds of reasons that’s not yet possible for you. We totally understand that. Please be assured that we will continue to livestream the service for as long as we need to. And as we plan Sunday services we want to do all we can to keep those at home and those in the building connected.
Please sign up by Saturday 1pm.
Sign ups are currently on a first-come-first-served basis, but there will be a handful of seats saved for newcomers to turn up on the day. (And even if it looks fully booked, please join the waiting list and we’ll let you know if a space opens up).
Once sign ups close an email will follow with further details of what to expect, but here are some things to note before you sign up:
- You may want to bring a Bible (as these won’t be provided); an umbrella for the queue; a hot water bottle for the service (it’s an old church building); and a drink or snack for a BYO tea!
- Please arrive between 3.30pm and 3.40pm. You’ll need to be wearing your face covering and be ready to sanitize your hands as you enter the church hall to check in with a member of the team. A member of the team will show you to a seat.
- Please remember to keep 2m apart from others and that face coverings must be worn during the service (unless you have mitigating health reasons or are under 11)
- Sadly singing and raised voices are not permitted.
- All children must be able to maintain 2m social distancing and, if they are aged 11 and above, wear a face covering.
- We know that we all long to catch up with others, but sadly there is to be no mingling between different households.
If you are vulnerable and/or nervous and would appreciate extra measures (e.g. greater distance from others, arriving before or leaving after others) please indicate in the comments box below and we will do all we can to accommodate.
Please do not attend if:
- You have a persistent cough, temperature or loss of taste or smell.
- You are needing to self-isolate
- There is a member of your household who has a persistent cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell or is self-isolating.
- You and everyone coming with you (including children) cannot agree to and maintain the conditions above.
Hugely looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!
To view our Addendum Privacy Notice in relation to COVID 19 and NHS Test and Trace service click here.