1 in 4 adults will experience a mental health problem at some point each year. 1 in 10 school children have a diagnosable mental illness. There is an increasing awareness of mental illness and many strategies for improving mental health, but we can often still be left with many questions, particularly with regards to how our Christian faith and our mental health interact. Does the bible speak into this and if so how? How should we approach our own mental health and support those struggling in the midst of mental illness, especially those within the church? Join us for a morning on Saturday 30th March considering a biblical perspective with an opportunity to think through some practical examples, ask questions, and hear from some individuals about their experiences.
There will be a main session followed by a question panel and testimonies, after which the main session will be repeated to enable as many to come as possible.
Sarah Piper is trained as a doctor (obs and gynae), and more recently has been working in pastoral ministry with young people and adults at Emmanuel Wimbledon and now St Nicholas Church Tooting. For the question panel she will be joined by others from the Emmanuel family of churches.
Date: Saturday 30th March 2019
Location: The Emmanuel Meeting House, Narrow Lewins Mead, BS1 2NN
9.30-10.45 Main Session
10.55-11.35 Question Panel and testimonies
11.45-1pm Main Session (repeat of the earlier main session)
Top tips for the day:
- The main session is repeated to help with childcare. Why not enjoy the city centre so that handover is easy, and one of you can get to the Question panel session? Maybe team up with another family to help each other out with childcare too.
- Come 5-15 minutes early to browse the resources and help ensure we start on time
- Come with a mobile phone ready to text questions in
- Sit with people you know (but still look out for those who look lost!)
- If you know you might find the session tough, plan in a coffee with a friend, a beautiful walk or some time out for straight afterwards
- Why not arrange to get together as a small group for brunch/lunch afterwards and keep the conversation going?
**If you need to book a parking space, or help getting there, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include which session(s) you’re coming for**